No replies to this topic

#1 Notabot

Notabot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

I am in the process of making a list of firmware improvements to send to Sony, either via email or through their feature request forum. 

I'm not sure about other cameras, but with the Sony a7rII you can select a smile detection feature and it automatically takes the shot. It's quite apparent from this that there's a lot of face recognition software that works even when an autofocus lens isn't being used.

I think the manual focus features are lacking.

One idea is to have the camera automatically select a "focus point" when it sees a face i.e. it uses its face recognition software to either find a face or an eye. Upon doing so, you can then turn the focus ring and it'd magnify around that focus point.

The second and more important idea, is for the focus point or the area you have selected to magnify when you turn the lens, without the entire scene magnifying. Currently, it's difficult to compose the shot and focus at the same time. The solution is to magnify only a portion of the screen, perhaps 33% of the frame. In my opinion, the percentage should be user selectable but something is better than nothing.

Do you think this is a good idea? Would you support it if it were posted in the Sony community forum? If you don't understand either idea, let me know and I'll elaborate further.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users