Jose Zumaeta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Sony A6000

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

Hello Guys,

please let me know how can I start and stop video recordings remotely from my android phone on my A6K.

Thanks.

#2 Schelle

Schelle

Geek

• Stunners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Germany
  • Lenses:Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0 Contemporary
    Nikon 70-300 f4.5-5.6 G VR
    Nikon 85 G f1.8
    Nikon 50 G f1.8
    Nikon 35 G f1.8
    Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6
    Sony E 16-50 f3.5-5.6 OSS
    Sigma 30mm f2.8 DN EX for E-Mount
  • Flashes:Nikon SB-700

(Tripods: Sirui N-2004X with G-10X
    Sirui T-004X with C-10X)
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Nikon D7100
    Sony A5100

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:11 AM

Hi Jose,

welcome to the forum. I can tell you how it's done on the A5100, which I believe is the same. First I would advise you to update the Smart Rememote App on your camera (I had an old version installed, so I couldn't change my exposure manually). For this you have to go to the applications list on your camera and choose PlayMemories Camera App and go to the Smart Remote (you have to login to the playmemoriesonline on your camera to update). On your phone you have to install the PlayMemories Mobile App.

After installing all the Apps you can start the Smart Remote on your A6000 and the App on your phone. Now you can scan the QR-Code on your camera and the phone connects to it. Afterwards you can choose the movie mode in right lower side of the App on your phone and start the recording. For reconnecting you can now use NFC by putting your phone's NFC sensor to the NFC symbol on your camera. I use the remote video control regularly and it works quite nice.

I hope this was helpful,

Christian

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: a6000, video remote control, remote control

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users