I have been using the sony a7rii for about a week now and their are things I love and some I don't care for to much. This is all going to be in comparison to my D7000 which i have used since that camera released.
Thoughts good and bad.
1. The electronic view finder. Why everyone doesn't use this blows my mind. I have never used live view on a camera until now. The option to add the on screen level/horizon bar.
2. The size of the camera is super travel friendly. If you do have very large hands it will fill a bit awkward at first, but after a few days I have adjusted.I'm thinking about getting the battery grip as well to see how i like that for event shoots.
3. Focusing in really low light the camera struggles compared to my nikon and with fast moving objects moving directly towards you. Setting a focus trap at the point the action happens was a easy work around.
Other than those areas the camera focus is fast and I have had zero problems.
4. Continuous high was much better than expected at 42MP, out performs my nikon with getting well over 10 shots before hitting buffer.
5.The lens selection is lacking but the lenses that are out are fantastic. Would love to see a native 70-200 2.8 and a 500mm prime for wildlife.
6. Battery life is not great. However, I just turn the camera off when I'm not actively shooting. #rd party batteries are cheap and small so i got a few.
These are my initial thoughts and if anyone has a question just ask. I like both cameras and I'm overall happy that I made the jump. The sony fits my photography style great.