• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zatoichi

Zatoichi

• Stunners
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

At the moment i seem to be looking at the rx1r for my first full frame camera even though the A7ii is around the same price, the 35mm lens on the rx1r or the SEL35F28Z would be perfect for me,as i mainly take photos of my children and family portraits,probably wouldn't buy more than one or two lenses for the A7ii because of the family budget, the A7ii looks great but need a flash unit for fill flash and the camera starts to get big, but would the rx1r keep up with the new A7ii in terms of IQ, the AF i know would be a little slower, so which would you recommend ???

#2 ebit

ebit

Super Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Lenses:Sigma Art 35mm F1.4
    Canon 85mm F1.8
    Canon 24-70mm L F2.8 II
    Canon 70-200mm L F2.8 IS II
    Fuji XF 16-55mm f2.8 LM WR
    Fuji XF 56mm F1.2 R
    Fuji XF 35mm f2 WR
    Fuji XF 50-140 LM OIS WR
    Fuji XF 1.4X TC
  • Flashes:Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT 2x
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Canon EOS 5D III
    Fuji X-T1
    Fuji X-T2
    Fuji X100T
    Sony RX-100

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:05 AM

Two completely different cameras for two completely different purposes.

One camera is a gateway to an entire system. Another is the end of the line, all in one.

My thoughts are that if you can live with poor af, get the rx1r. Sony simply does not have a selection of native lenses for their full frame, nor do they have a roadmap of lenses like fuji. They simply seem to keep pumping out bodies with improved sensors without thought of what makes users loyal to a system: quality and selection of glass

Edit: if ff isn't such a deal breaker for you, consider the Fuji x100t. Af is faster than the Sony, and its got a 23mm f2 lens which is equivalent to a 35mm on a ff cam... It's also much cheaper, more stylish, better battery, more compact and has WiFi connectivity for transferring jpegs and remote shooting!
  • Zatoichi likes this

#3 Teleo

Teleo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • Lenses:Sony ZA 55mm f1.8, Sony FE 28-70, Minolta MD-X 50mm f1.7, Minolta MD 28mm f2.8, Minolta MC 135mm
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Sony RX100 III, Sony A7 II

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

If you're dead set on a full frame sensor, I'd reccomend the a7ii. The RX1R is pretty expensive for a fixed lens camera. Being stuck to only one lens, while it might sound okay now, will get old quick as you get further into your photography career/hobby.

If you can live with an APSC sensor, the Sony A6000 is a killer camera that would be great for your needs. Plus, there are many more/cheaper lenses available. And, from what I've heard, the AF on the A6000 is better than the other two options mentioned.

If you want the best IQ in the smallest package available and have some pennies to spare though, the RX1r is a great camera.
  • Zatoichi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users