3 replies to this topic

#1 tsluss

tsluss

• Stunners
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Camera Body or Bodies:SLT-a58

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

I'm a beginner and am in the process of learning about equipment and compatibility.  During the holiday sales this year, we wanted to get a decent entry level DSLR and caught the Sony slt-a58 on a good sale.  We love the camera but finding gear for it is a bit confusing.  In short, I'm looking for a good TTL flash on a budget.  I've seen recommendations for Yongnuo but they only specify Canon and Nikon.  I've read that the new line of Sony products can use non Sony/Minolta gear but I'd like some confirmation.  I've seen the Yonguo YN-568 EX II listed on Amazon for $104 and would like to know if this will work with my camera or if I need to consider something else.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

#2 tsluss

tsluss

• Stunners
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Camera Body or Bodies:SLT-a58

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

So in my research so far, I've discovered that Sony dropped the Sony/Minolta hot shoe that they used in previous generations of their cameras and now employee a standard ISO hot shoe.  So, does this mean that flashes from Yongnuo and others designed for Canon/Nikon that support TTL will work with this body?

#3 Guest_Tom Sargent_*

Guest_Tom Sargent_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:53 AM

Not sure if you have resolved you flash problem. But I too bought a Sony a58 and am searching for a flash.  I bought the Yongnuo and not only did it not work with the Sony, it didn't even fit right into the Sony Hotshoe.  Still searching for a mid entry level flash that will work and also supports TTL.  Let me know if you will if you have found something.

#4 Guest_Tomas Waz_*

Guest_Tomas Waz_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

I'm in the same boat here. I have an a7ii and cannot find a 3rd party option that supports TTL. I'm using a 3rd party Nikon right now but it doesn't fit too well and doesn't support TTL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sony, slt-a58, flash, yongnuo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users