Photo

Does Anybody Use Photoshop Touch To Edit On The Fly?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ali Salim

Ali Salim

Advanced Member

• Stunners
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Lenses:Canon L lenses:
    24-70mm F2.8 II
    16-35mm F2.8
    70-200mm F2.8
    85mm F1.2
  • Flashes:600EX RT
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Canon 5D mark III
    Sony RX1-R

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

I've noticed that doing so and then saving the picture to the cloud produces very low resolution pictures  ... do you experience the same thing?

#2 usmc-smh

usmc-smh

Advanced Member

• Stunners
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Lenses:Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS
    Canon EF 24-105mm f4L USM
    Canon EF 17-40mm f4L USM
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EFS 18-55mm IS
    Canon Extender EF2xII
  • Flashes:CANON 580EX
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Canon 5D Mk II
    Canon t5i
    Apple iPhone 5S

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

I've noticed that the files show up on my MacBook at exactly the resolution and noise level that they are on my phone; which is to say, yes. There is a tremendous difference in resolution between apps, and the files that they save. Unless you took the image with the back camera, and brought it directly into PSt, it will lack the original resolution. Almost all apps, even photo editing ones, will choose size over quality, unless told to do so otherwise. Some apps that I used to use on my iPhone 4S would even make the phone crash when you attempted to save them in full resolution. I haven't experienced this with the iPhone 5S, yet. 

I specifically downloaded PSt to use for noise reduction. It appears to do this by over-smoothing the picture, and rendering is useless outside of the iPhones screen. Since I have never intended to use an iPhone picture in Photoshop CC or CS6 over the cloud, I haven't found this to be an issue. Do you use the cloud to sync all your photos?

#3 Ali Salim

Ali Salim

Advanced Member

• Stunners
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Lenses:Canon L lenses:
    24-70mm F2.8 II
    16-35mm F2.8
    70-200mm F2.8
    85mm F1.2
  • Flashes:600EX RT
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Canon 5D mark III
    Sony RX1-R

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

I just started syncing photos from Lightroom on the computer with Lightroom for the iPad. I am not sure if the photos sync in RAW or JPEG .. I tried editing in LR then opening in PS Touch then saving. Choosing the JPEF format for saving then syncing to the CC gives the law resolution. 

#4 usmc-smh

usmc-smh

Advanced Member

• Stunners
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Lenses:Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS
    Canon EF 24-105mm f4L USM
    Canon EF 17-40mm f4L USM
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EFS 18-55mm IS
    Canon Extender EF2xII
  • Flashes:CANON 580EX
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Canon 5D Mk II
    Canon t5i
    Apple iPhone 5S

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

Sounds like it may degrade each time it transfers. If the chain goes RAW -> JPEG -> RAW, then its almost guaranteed to lose resolution. I've always used PNG format for PSt, as its a lossless format, so it technically should save a larger file. You may try that across platforms and see if that helps. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users