• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Alvenmod

Alvenmod

SDP Team Member

• Moderators
  • 19 posts
  • LocationStockholm
  • Lenses:Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S, Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300/f4 Af-S, Nikon TC-17EII, Nikon TC-20E III
  • Flashes:Nikon SB-910
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Nikon D800

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

So, there it is. Almost 2000 shots taken, 5 evenings of editing and here are the 20 shots I felt best suited to post on my website. All in all I found roughly 50 shots to be worthwhile for the couple to buy, but it is up to them now to choose...

Anyway, here is the first weeding I ever did by myself, lots of up and downs, a priest not allowing me to be seen in the church at all definitely presented a challenge during the ceremony, but that is part of the learning experience.

All C&C is of course extremely welcomed, both good and bad and general comments are appreciated, please state the number of the shot from the site if you C&C any particular shot.

Which one is your favorite? Anything I could have done differently, better? http://alvenmod.se/b...ina-och-joakim/

*´¨) http://alvenmod.se
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Bazinga!

#22 jeremyclarke

jeremyclarke

• Stunners
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Lenses:Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4, Minolta MD 50mm f.2
  • Flashes:YN-560 III
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Fuji X-E1, Canon 450D

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hey man, it was awhile ago you posted this but just wanted to point out that the gallery on the link isn't working. I briefly see a loading bar that says "Loading Portfolio Items" then it dissapears and there's nothing. 

Was curious to see how the shots turned out. Glad to hear you didn't have a meltdown :)

#23 David Boston

David Boston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationManchester - UK
  • Lenses:Canon EF-S 18-55 3.5-5.6
    Canon EF 75-300 4-5.6
    Canon EF 50 F1.8
    Tokina AT-X PRO 11-16mm F2.8 DX
  • Flashes:Yongnuo YN-560 III
  • Camera Body or Bodies:EOS 400D/Rebel XTi

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

haha! me too, i was reading this thread and waiting to see the pictures only to find they weren't there! it's like missing the end of a film!

#24 MaykellAraica

MaykellAraica

• Stunners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

@ Alvenmod

This is great man! I started shooting weddings just last year and I love it...lots of running around I must say but a lot of fun.

Definitely make a list of the shots you want to get that will make a tremendous impact on the time you spend shooting.

Be bold when you give directions, leave the shy Alvenmod at home, be direct, don't be afraid to ask people to move out of your shot. *you were hired to take their photos! you have to be able to do your job.

my concern with the venue you described is the fact that aquariums are surrounded by glass, so if you are using flash be aware you will have to deal with the reflection of the flash on the tank. if you are using flash and have a way to shoot the flash from a spot where it won't reflect you can diffuse it and try to have an even light in the room.
But if you decide to go with higher ISO's instead, that shouldn't be a problem shooting with your D800.

I hope that helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users