Happy holidays everyone!
Here’s an image that I finally got around to from last summer. This was a very complex one to process. For the night sky, I began with 19 images including 3 black frames and, after some minor adjustments in Lr ran them through a program called Starry Landscape Stacker. It did a super job of lining everything up and reducing the noise inherent to low light, high ISO photography, to almost nothing. Prior to shooting the night sky I used the same tripod set up and shot the exact same scene about a half hour after sunset. My intention was to use that shot as a sort of day-for-night image. So, now I have the two images – my noise reduced night sky image and my day-for-night image – which I exported to Ps and blended the two. After I completed the blend, which was challenging because of the tree on the right side of the frame and the light bleed issues it presented, I worked on the whole thing the same way I would a single exposure. The biggest challenge was getting the right tonal balance between the sky and the foreground so that the foreground didn’t look like a giant floodlight had been aimed at it. And this is the result – for the time being anyway .
EXIF for those that care about such things. Shot with Fujifilm X-T1, Samyang 12 mm. Night sky: ISO 3200, 12 mm, 15 sec, f/2, focused to infinity. Day-for-night: ISO 400, 12mm, 2 sec, f/16.
Bloodvein-Milky-Way.jpg 871.93KB 0 downloads