Induro Git 404L series tripod
    Gitzo GM 4552L Monopod
    Really Right Stuff BH-55 Ball Head
    Wimberley WH-200
    Mongoose 3.6 Gimbal
    Induro GHB - 1 Gimbal

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

https://hofferphotog...-ever-made-but/

"let me get this out of the way before we start. The Nikon D850 is the best camera I’ve ever used. It has the best specs. The best auto-focus. The biggest files. This camera was made to blow the pixel-peeping internet away… and it did. When I took my first D850 photo, I said the words ‘Holy Crap!’ out loud in a room by myself. This thing was meant to wow everybody that had dreams of what their next camera specs would do. It succeeded to make most of the internet pixel peepers happy… and that’s part of the problem.

The Nikon D850 is a camera built for a world of tech reviews and conference lecturers that speak more than they shoot. The tech is good enough to make this an incredible tool for almost any photographer in the world. It may be capable of much more, but it still suffers from FEELING like the same old Nikon. In short, Nikon hasn’t yet discovered how to make their cameras ‘fun’ to use, mostly by ignoring the software that could make this spec camera a dream come true in 2017"...........

• geedee likes this

#2 MrWild

MrWild

<3 SDP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida
  • Lenses:Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens
    DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
    Nikon AF Micro-NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8D Lens
    Nikon AF-S TC-14E III 1.4x
    Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens
    Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens
  • Flashes:Sirui P-326 Carbon Fiber Monopod with Induro GHB1 Gimbal Head
    Oben CT-3461 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball Head
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Nikon D500

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

You know this article only makes me long for it ever more  :mellow:

#3 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Mr Astrophotography!

• Stunners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB, Canada
  • Lenses:Canon 70-200 f2.8 II, Canon 16-35 f4L IS, Tamron 35mm f1.8, Sigma 100-400 f5/6.3
  • Flashes:Yongnuo 560, 565 and 568.
  • Camera Body or Bodies:5D MkIII,

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

When I read the announcement, I knew that this would be a great camera.  But, since I'm up to my hips in Canon gear, I wouldn't change.  And if I had the dinars to change, I'd be getting Fuji's medium format camera anyway.  For what I shoot, it's just about perfect.

David

'When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane, you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.'

#4 rdb images

rdb images

Super Geek

• Stunners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationWarminster, PA USA
  • Lenses:AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR
    AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
  • Flashes:None, but getting one soon.
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Nikon D7100

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

The Nikon D850 is a camera built for a world of tech reviews and conference lecturers that speak more than they shoot.

I found this amusing. I guess a dig to the pixel peepers and the endless parade of YouTube experts?

Bob

#5 geedee

geedee

Dedicated SDP Member

• Stunners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts
  • Lenses:Nikon 16-35 VR f4 50mm f1.4 70-200 VR II f2.8 x2 converter
    18-70 f3.5-4.5DX (kit for D70s)
    Tamron 150-600 f5-6.3
    Cannon 50mm f1.8
  • Flashes:Nikon SB 910
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Cannon AE1
    Nikon D70S D800

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

When the reviewer typed that Nikon has not yet discovered how to make cameras fun to use, causes me to wonder at his  understanding of the real world of business....NOT that I am any kind of professional analyst.... 

In terms of fun to use photography I suspect that genre may have been entirely taken up by the mobile phone/camera technology and app manufacturers/creators..? 

I also suspect that the D850 falls into the pro/sumer  market where perhaps "fun" is not THE priority in that area of marketing, as for adding all the bells and whistles that current WIFI and associated apps can bring, I suspect that Nikon may drip feed the latest tec making the D860 or whatever to become THE next camera to buy for those who must have the latest and greatest... I think that is perhaps what marketing may be all about....????    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users