AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G
    AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
    AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
    Venus Optics LAOWA 60 mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro 2:1
    AF-S NIKKOR 105 mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED MICRO
  • Flashes:R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Nikon D500

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

OK I was wondering if I should post these in the portraits or in general but as this is rather a fun, not the actual help in making portraits I decided to push it in general.

I mentioned stunning vsauce yt channel in the astrophoto thread some time ago but this time it is some fun with mirrors which, who knew, can be transferred to portraits photography.

There are a lot of people who thinks they look bad on photos (yup, I'm one of them) but actually don't find themselves that bad in the mirror. Why and what is the reason?

Well have a nice watch. The portrait part begins at 2:35 but just watch it from the beginning.

Enjoy.

It is not of course possible in every situation (writings, words, signs &c.) but when someone clearly don't want to have the photo, and there is a possibility, try to give them the natural one mirrored version. Maybe they will change their mind.

Besides that the part with the size of the reflection in the mirror is also amazing. Surely obvious when you know anything bout optics but still can catch you by surprise :)

• JestePhotography likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users