• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Lenses:Fuji 14mm f/2.8
    Rokinon 12mm f/2
    Fuji 18-135mm
  • Camera Body or Bodies:Fujifilm Xt-1

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

Just a shout out to a program that I recently bought and ran called Starry Landscape Stacker.  It is phenomenal and very easy to use.  Unfortunately it is only available for Mac users.  It is designed for folks who want to take night sky photography and eliminate most if not all of the noise without purchasing expensive, bulky star tracking mounts.  It allowed me to take, in my case, a dozen sequenced shots of the night sky and stack them, automatically aligning the stars.  If any of you have tried to manually stack in Ps, you'll know what a pain that can be once you get into more than a few files.  Anyway, check it out.  Quick and easy.  https://itunes.apple...550326617?mt=12

#2 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Mr Astrophotography!

• Stunners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
  • LocationMandeville, LA
  • Lenses:Canon 70-200 f2.8 II, Canon 16-35 f4L IS, Tamron 35mm f1.8, Sigma 100-400 f5/6.3
  • Flashes:Yongnuo 560, 565 and 568.
  • Camera Body or Bodies:5D MkIII,

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

I used a similar program for deep sky stuff called Deep Sky Stacker.  Even though I had a mount that tracked the sky by locking onto a specific star, there are always tiny mechanical hiccups that even a guide program won't completely fix.  Well, if you spend enough, you can get a mount that will image guide free.

David

'When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane, you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users